'Conditions' means these terms and conditions and the special conditions.
'Users' means the users of the website collectively.
'Personal information' means details provided by you on registration.
'Website' means the website located at www.theplaceforhomesltd.co.uk
'Cookies' means small text files which our website places on your computers hard drive to store information about your shopping session and to identify your computer.
'You' means a user of the website.
'Goods' means the goods displayed for sale on the Website. It may also include any service that comes with the goods;
'Made-To-Measure' means Products altered or made to measurements provided by you such as curtains, blinds and carpets;
'Self-Assembly Products' means furniture delivered flat packed for assembly by the customer;
'Working Day(s)' means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or any day which is a public holiday;
'We / us' means The Place for Homes Ltd;
'you', 'your' means the customer.
You are provided with access to this website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that: The personal information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting us on 01446 772927.
You agree not to impersonate and other person or entity or to use a false name or name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use of any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and / or your Personal Information.
We reserve the right to:
Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently this website or any part thereof with our without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of a Website; and / or Change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such a change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
To provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access as your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites and resources and do not review or endorse and are not liable or responsible, directly or indirectly.
These terms apply only to purchases made online. These terms may be different to those applicable to purchases made in store. See in store for details
1. Any variation, cancellation or waiver of these conditions will be valid only if made in writing and signed by both parties.
2. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the customer’s statutory rights as a consumer.
3. You should not proceed with your purchase until you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
4. The Place for Homes Ltd reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. For this reason we encourage you to review them whenever you use this website.
1. Any specification or dimensions supplied by The Place for Homes Ltd shall be treated as a guide only. If you are buying for a specific space please contact The Place for Homes Ltd to confirm sizes before purchase.
2. Every effort is made to ensure that details, descriptions and prices shown are accurate at the time you place your order.
3. All prices include VAT uless where specific exceptions may apply. These will be clearly marked.
4. Any illustrations/images used are there as a guide only and may differ from the actual product.
5. To avoid any confusion regarding colour, customers should either visit the store or request a sample of any chosen fabrics prior to ordering upholstery.
6. The Place for Homes Ltd shall not be liable if goods supplied do not comply with any previous samples, unless non-compliance is substantial.
7. Wood/Leather are natural products and some variations are inevitable. The Place for Homes shall not be liable unless the variation is substantial.
8. Errors in price, description or availability may result in the non-acceptance of an order.
9. No responsibility will be taken for any external link on the website.
1. The Place for Homes Ltd will do all that it reasonably can to meet the date given for delivery. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, beyond the control of The Place for Homes Ltd, the customer will be contacted to agree an alternative date.
2. The customer shall accept delivery when tendered whether before or after the estimated date. If the customer does not take delivery when tendered, The Place for Homes Ltd shall be deemed to have performed its obligation in respect of the goods. The customer shall pay any additional expenses incurred by The Place for Homes Ltd including (but not limited to) a storage charge.
3. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that the goods can be delivered without risk of loss or damage to the customer’s property.
4. In most cases when making delivery via a third party it will be a two man delivery and, if requested, to a room of choice. However for smaller items we may use a parcel delivery service. This will be a one man delivery and usually only to the front door of your property.
5. In all instances when requesting delivery inside of the customers property this will done with the utmost care but is ultimately at the customer’s risk.
6. The delivery team may consider that delivery to the chosen location may result in damage to the customer’s property. In such circumstances the team will inform the customer or the customer’s representative and delivery will continue only once the customer or the customer’s representative has signed the delivery waiver.
1. The Place for Homes Ltds’ terms are that payment will be taken in full at the time of the order.
2. You must pay by credit or debit card at the time of order. The price of any product is the price in force at the date and time of your order. You undertake that all details provided by you on our website will be correct and that the credit or debit card which you use is your own.
Any claims regarding damage to goods must be made to the delivery drivers at the time of delivery. Claims made after delivery will be dealt with at the company’s discretion. Accordingly the customer should ensure they are present at the time of delivery or nominate a representative to inspect the goods.
1. Any complaint arising on goods delivered must be notified to the Company immediately and at all times the purchase order number should be quoted. The Company undertakes to pass on all guarantees and warranties from the manufacturer to the purchaser and comply and be governed by British Law.
2. Many items of furniture will display natural properties which do not constitute a fault. These include, but are not limited to, strong wood grains or knots, variations in colours, shading of certain materials, scarring and blemishes on hides and softening of interiors. The customer should ensure they read our furniture guide for further information.
3. Many modern day articles of clothing are not colour fast and will transfer their colour to upholstery items, particularly when the clothing item is new. Such an occurrence is not a fault of the furniture which has been affected. Purchaser’s are advised to read very carefully the care instructions which come with an item of clothing to ensure their furniture is not damaged in this manner.
4. Failure to care for your furniture in the recommended way will result in invalidation of your warranty.
You have the right to cancel the contract at any time up to the end of 7 working days after you receive your order (see below).
To exercise your right of cancellation, you must give written notice to The Place for Homes by letter, fax or email, giving details of the items ordered and (where appropriate) their delivery. Notification by phone is not sufficient.
If you cancel the items after they have been delivered to you, you will be responsible for returning them to The Place for Homes Ltd at your own cost. The items must be returned to The Place for Homes Ltd, Unit 1 Retail Area, Sutton Road, Llandow, Vale fo Glamorgan, CF71 7PA. You must take reasonable care to ensure that the items are not damaged in the meantime or in transit.
The Place for Homes Ltd will refund or re-credit you within 14 working days of the goods being returned in an undamaged condition and capable of being resold.
Unless the product is faulty, mattresses, beds and bedding can only be returned under the 7 day rule provided they have not been removed from their original packaging.
Any goods ordered to the customer’s specifications, or that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be resold, cannot be returned. This includes any special orders and orders for non-stocked items.
The liability of The Place for Homes Ltd in respect of any goods proven to be defective shall not exceed the price for the goods under this agreement and no liability shall accrue for any indirect or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by the customer.
1. If the goods are to be delivered by The Place for Homes Ltd or its carrier the risk shall pass when the goods have been delivered to the customer.
2. If the customer or their carrier collects the goods the risk in them shall pass upon commencement of loading onto the collecting transport or being taken into the possession or control of the customer its servants or agents.
3. If the customer does not take delivery of the goods when tendered the risk shall pass when delivery should have been accepted. The customer shall be liable for any reasonable additional costs incurred by The Place for Homes Ltd including (but not limited to) a storage charge.
A) Title to Goods the subject of a supply shall not pass from The Place for Homes to the customer until all sums due from the Customer to The Place for Homes on whatever grounds shall have been paid in full.
B) Where title Goods has not been passed to the Customer.
i. The Place for Homes shall be entitled
ii. Such Goods may be re-sold by the Customer at a non-remunerated agent of The Place for Homes provided that, in that case, the Customer shall hold the proceeds for sale for the benefit of The Place for Homes and shall be liable to account the The Place for Homes therefore.
iii. Goods shall be stored at the premises of the Customer so as to be both recognisable as the property of The Place for Homes and identifiable by reference to a particular invoice of The Place for Homes.
The Place for Homes Ltd shall not be liable for any failure to perform any or all of its obligations under the agreement arising from any inability to secure or procure at a reasonable cost labour, materials or other supplies of any kind or any act of God, war, strike, lockout or other labour dispute, fire, flood, drought, equipment failure, legislation, order of public authority or any other cause whatsoever beyond its control.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website is done at your own risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
All contracts are entered into with The Place for Homes Ltd, Unit 1 Retail Area, Sutton Road, Llandow, Vale fo Glamorgan, CF71 7PA. Company Registration 1929528, VAT Registration Number 438 6905 17.
(A) The Conditions and any Contract shall be construed and given effect to according to English Law.
(B) The Customer/Supplier hereby prorogates the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.